In honor of the 2014-2015 competitive meet season beginning, twenty thoughts that go through your head before a gymnastics meet from the perspectives of a parent, a gymnast, a coach, a judge and a meet director:
- Are we late? My daughter will kill me if we are.
- Coffee? Please let there be coffee…
- Where are my friends?
- Where is Missy’s mom…I don’t know how to do her hair?
- I hope she doesn’t want to go to lunch after this.
- I wonder if she remembered her grips?
- Oh that judge has such pretty red hair…
- I hope she went pee.
- How is it that all the front row seats are taken?
- I hope I packed enough snacks for her.
- My god, I’ve been on movie sets with less camera equipment than that dad has on him.
- I don’t even like hot dogs, yet strangely I am craving one.
- Did I…
View original post 910 more words